In League of Legends Patch 5.16, the one where juggernauts exist, defensive items get a pass and Zed actually gets buffed. Still, patch 5.14 (the one with crazy Elise) will be the one that the rest of playoffs including the gauntlet will be played on, and worlds will be played on 5.18.
With that out of the way, on to the main event: Juggernauts. Juggernaut can be described as champions like Nasus - hulking, durable melee threats that rip teams to shreds if left unattended, but short-ranged and slow enough to be kited for days. They’re workhorses, but they need a bit of work to get going. So if you start seeing crystals in the jungle and ghost-dragons in your midlane, consider yourself warned - the juggernauts are here to stay.
Base Statistic Compensation
Each of the below champions are picking up some stat adjustments so they'll hit similar breakpoints when it comes to being unbreakable.
- Blitzcrank: ARMOR GROWTH 3.5 ⇒ 4
- Braum: ARMOR GROWTH 4 ⇒ 4.5
- Leona: ARMOR GROWTH 3.1 ⇒ 3.6
- Nautilus: ARMOR GROWTH 3.25 ⇒ 3.75
- Taric: ARMOR GROWTH 3.2 ⇒ 3.7
- Rammus: ARMOR GROWTH 3.8 ⇒ 4.3
- Amumu: ARMOR GROWTH 3.1 ⇒ 3.6
- Tahm Kench: ARMOR GROWTH 3 ⇒ 3.5
- Alistar: HEALTH GROWTH 102 ⇒ 106
- Bard: HEALTH GROWTH 89 ⇒ 93
- Thresh: HEALTH GROWTH 89 ⇒ 93
The following skins will be released at various times during patch 5.16:
- Updated Fiora’s tooltips based on last patch’s update
- Shaco and Lulu can no longer create a wolf pack with Enchantment - Devourer
- Restored Riot Blitzcrank's custom sound and visual effects for E - Power Fist
- Restored Bad Santa Veigar's custom visual effects for R - Primordial Burst
There’s a lot to explore and discover in a post-5.16 landscape, and there’s tons of LP up for grabs. For further details, please visit the Official Website.