Watching replays is a good way to examine you operations in the previous matches, as well as the best way to learn something from others. League of Legends had deprioritized Replays function a year ago and now they think it is the right time to bring it in.
Here’s how it works:
- Download your replay from the End of Game Screen or Match History.
- Watch Replays from the current patch using our new Replay Mode, with the functionality you’re used to from Spectator Mode.
- Find cool moments using the new Annotated Timeline, which marks major events like kills, takedowns of towers and inhibitors, and dragon/baron kills.
- Capture video clips of your in-game moments (“Highlights”) using built-in recording functionality.
- These Highlights will be stored on your hard drive (C:\MyDocuments\LeagueofLegends\Highlights) as a .webm video file. These files can be viewed by opening them in any browser that supports HTML5, and shared to social media alongside your cat gifs.
The replay function will come to the League client this pre-seaon, you’ll soon be able to quickly capture, save, and share your favorite moments on video to share whenever you want.